If you have a washing machine that suddenly stops working, it can be one of your most frustrating appliances to fix yourself. This is especially true if you don’t know how to use tools or do repairs on your own. There are many different causes for washing machine problems and there are also several ways to fix them. In this article, we will go over some common problems with washing machines and how you can fix them yourself. Let’s begin!
When the washing machine suddenly breaks down, it can be one of your most frustrating appliances to fix yourself.
When the washing machine suddenly breaks down, it can be one of your most frustrating appliances to fix yourself. If you’re not sure what the problem is, it’s best to call a professional. However, if you’re confident in your ability to troubleshoot and repair these machines, read on!
Common Washing Machine Problems
The first thing to do is to check the water hose. If it has a leak, you can replace it. The next thing to check is whether there is enough water in the drum. You can try adding more soap and start a new cycle if that does not work. If the problem of your washing machine doesn’t seem to be related to any of these factors, there might be something wrong with its motor or transmission system, which requires professional help.
Washing Machine Drum is not Turning
- Check the power supply.
- Check the water supply.
- Check the drain pump.
- Check the transmission belt (between motor and transmission pulley).
- Check the transmission pulley (on top of the motor).
- Check the transmission drive belt (between motor and gearbox).
Washing Machine is Leaking Water
- If your washing machine is leaking water, the problem could be with the hose or drain hose. Make sure that the hoses are connected properly and there is no damage to them.
- If the problem persists, call a plumber to fix it for you.
Washing Machine is not Draining
- Check the drain hose is not blocked.
- Check the drain pump is working.
- Check the drain pump is not blocked.
- Check the drain pump is not damaged.
- Check the drain pump is not leaking.
- Check the drain pump is not stuck and turning freely when you turn it with your hands (or let it run). You may need to use some oil if there’s no movement in a few hours after washing clothes or any other water has been drained out of this machine recently (it happens sometimes, especially if you live on a high floor and long distance between your home and a basement or garage where you park your car). If all this doesn’t work, call us immediately so we can send our technician over ASAP!
Washing Machine is Making Loud Noise During the Spin Cycle
If you hear a loud noise coming from your washing machine, it could be any one of the following:
- The drain hose may be clogged with lint or other debris. Remove any lint that’s caught in the hose and check for any other obstructions. If you still hear a loud noise, then continue on to Step 2 below.* Check the drain pump filter to ensure that it is clean (if equipped). If it’s dirty, remove it from its housing and rinse out thoroughly under warm water until no remaining debris can be seen inside of it; reinstall into its housing after rinsing.* Inspect the drain pump motor shaft assembly for damage or wear by using a screwdriver or other tool like an Allen wrench to pry up on each side of every bolt/nut holding them together. You should look for signs of corrosion here as well as other signs of damage such as broken wires or loose connections between parts like bolts/ Nuts etc.. Replace all damaged components before moving forward with testing steps below if needed.* Replace any damaged or worn out belts during this step regardless how much life left they have left in them if none present then skip this step since there are no belts present in this model anyway (not all models will require replacement but most likely will need at least one replacement part within their lifetime).
Washing Machine Does not Spin or Agitate
- If you are having trouble with your washing machine, it is important to remember that there may be a number of potential causes.
- The first thing to check is for blockages in the drainage pipe and the drum. If this happens, your clothes will not be able to spin or agitate properly.
- Next, make sure that all loose parts are in place and secure. These include: spin bearings; agitator shafts; any covers that fit over bearings; couplings between motor and transmission etc.
- Check for damage on any of these components – if there’s any cracks or chips then they need replacing as soon as possible so contact us today!
Causes of Washing Machine Breakdowns?
- Washing machine breakdowns can be caused by a number of things, including a faulty motor, a leaky water pump, a faulty door switch, a faulty timer, a faulty control board or transmission.
How to Fix Washing Machine Problems
- Power supply
- Water supply
- Drain pump
- Water inlet valve (WIV) or water fill level sensor switch (WFLS) * Check if it is working properly. If not, replace it. The same applies for the WIV and WFLS on other models of washing machine. The WIV is located on top of the washer’s drum, while the WFLS attaches to its side panel.* Door latch: Make sure it engages correctly with your machine door and that you have closed this properly when starting a cycle.* Water temperature: To test this component, turn off your appliance’s power supply before running a test load with cold water only inside it.* Lastly, check if there are any loose wires around your machine; these might be interfering with its operation
Why Should You Choose Our Services?
You should choose our services because we have a large fleet of technicians, vans, vehicles and trucks. With this large number of technicians, vans, vehicles and trucks on hand at all times we can ensure that you will receive a fast response time for your call.
Contact us to take care of your washing machine problem
Contact us to take care of your washing machine problem. We are available 24/7, and we have same day service. Our warranty is valid for 6 months, and we provide a free service call for any issues that you might be experiencing with your machine. We also offer a free estimate on all products before they are installed or repaired in order to ensure that you know the cost before work begins!
We’re here to help you with all of your washing machine problems. Give us a call, and we can get the problem fixed in no time!